Here is a great project for those of you who are looking to add a bit of detail to your floor pillows. This is so easy and will take less than 5 minutes! No sewing needed!
Add Leather Handles to Existing Floor Pillows
Fabric of choice
Anvil and rivets (these come in a pack)
1. Using a tape measure and marker, draw a line down the center of the leather strap. Cut the leather strap in half.
2. Line up the anvil to the position you'd like the rivets.
3. Hit the anvil multiple times with the mallet to create a groove for placing the rivets.
4. Use the scissors to cut a small hole in the groove. Insert the rivet into the hole.
5. Insert the rivet underneath the flap of fabric and line it up with the front rivet. Line up the anvil with the front rivet and hit the anvil with the rubber mallet until it clicks into the back rivet.
Quick tip: This step is a little tricky, so it may take a couple of tries to complete. When hitting the anvil with the mallet, strike hard enough to connect the front rivet to the back rivet – but not so hard that it bends the front rivet.
There you have it! No sew leather straps that can dress up any pillow!