Here is a great project for the New Year that will help keep you organized. If your comfortable using a chop saw, great! If not, have your local hardware store cut the wood and you just screw it together! Super Easy!
- (2) 8ft 2 x 4’s
- (1) 8ft 2 x 6
- (16) 2 ½ inch wood screws
- Drill/Drill Bit
- Sanding block or orbital sander
- Foam Roller
- (2) 1 inch screws for the basket
- Wire basket
- Spray Paint
- Tape Measure
1. Cut your 2 x 4 x 8's down to 5ft.
2. Cut your 2 x 6 x 8 into (4) 17 inch pieces.
3. Measure 11.5 inches down from the top and place you board in position, angling it slightly. Mark the placement of the board.
4. Measure 11.5 inches down from the first board, angle and mark your second board. Repeat this step for the third and fourth board as well.
5. Using your drill, place the boards in place and pre-drill through the 2 x 4 and the 2 x 6. This prevents any splitting and cracking.
6. Screw the 2 x 6 and 2 x 4 together using wood screws.
7. Sand and apply the stain liberally with a foam brush. Let sit 5-7 minutes then wipe off the stain with a rag.
8. While that is drying, spray paint your wire baskets.
9. Once baskets and ladder are dry, attach your baskets using the 1 inch screws.
10. Add blankets and Enjoy!
For a video of how I made this, you can go here to my segment on Home and Family on the Hallmark Channel.